Introduction to Mosaic 3 hour Workshop
WORKSHOP BOOKINGS are suspended due to coronavirus
An introductory workshop lets you try out mosaic tools and techniques to make an indoor mini mosaic picture or mdf shape.
I'll show you how to cut china and glass into mini tiles, as well as the basics of adhesives, laying tiles and grouting. As the glue takes 24 hours to dry, you will learn how to grout, then you have the choice of grouting at home or leaving your mosaic with me to finish off for you. You don't have to be artistic and it's a lovely way to try a new craft.
Once booked, I'll send a confirmation and more details by e-mail.
If you have a voucher there's nothing more to pay so please just contact me to book your date.
Working Artist Studios housing a wide range of visual artists, musicians and other creatives
The Studios are next door to, and managed by the Biscuit Factory, a large gallery of contemporary fine art & craft, in a restored Victorian warehouse. There's free street parking and a cafe with wonderful urban views over the Ouseburn Valley.
- learn how to to cut with tile nippers, choose the right adhesive, lay tiles, and grout an indoor mosaic
- design your own small picture or use a pre-cut MDF shape
- use glass, china and ceramic tiles
- watch a grouting demo and take away a grout kit to finish your mosaic at home
- refreshments are included